Twelve expressions of spiritual awakening
1. an increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen
2. frequent attacks of smiling
3. feelings of being connected with others and nature
4. frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation
5. a tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
6. an unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
7. a loss of ability to worry
8. a loss of interest in conflict
9. a loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
10. a loss of interest in judging others
11. a loss of interest in judging self
12. gaining the ability to love without expecting anything
For the longest time, I did not understand what the heck spiritual awakening meant. It sounded too “hippie new age” for me. Then, I opened myself to it and it changed my life. I feel like a weight has lifted from my chest heavy from regrets.
I’ve felt miserable and unhappy with myself for quite a while now. I sort of knew why I felt that way but never fully understood the reasons why. Plus, I never really had the necessary knowledge and the tools to end this never-ending negativity and constant sadness. I’d have the illusion that I was happy in my relationships but was never able to be fully content with my life because how to be happy with myself was a complete mystery.
Beautiful things would happen to me and yet I would only see darkness. I was stuck and have felt stuck for what feels like an eternity. To make matters worse, I was “stuck” in a dream-state of what life what meant to be. I couldn’t/wouldn’t open my eyes to reality around me. Now that I have, my perspective has completely altered. There are days where darkness “checks up” on me and it is the inevitability of the wandering mind. However, it doesn’t consume me like it used to. I’ve learned to be conscious of it and that’s something amazing all to itself.
I’m still learning and nothing will ever be perfect. I’m just glad I opened my heart to it.
Thought I’d share this with you. :)