I think sometimes we forget to sit down, breathe and remind ourselves of the things that make us happy. We easily get caught up in our heads, with work or with other things that make us feel hopeless, bored, or unhappy. We forget that there’s a simple recipe for NOT feeling down, bitter, tired, and uninspired. That recipe is to simply do things that make us happy. For me, it’s yoga… Yoga is my recipe to happiness. I practice it between 2 to 4 times a week and everytime I do, I feel re-energized, inspired and happy. (Drinking lots of water and mimimizing that chocolate intake would make me feel better too!)
The summer didn’t exactly start with the bang that we expected (a.k.a the Alberta floods), but that doesn’t mean we need to give up on summer altogether. Yes the weather has been annoyingly unpredictable…Just today I walked to an appointment in the warm sunshine and an hour and a half later, it was pouring like no tomorrow. Then it went back to sun. Between the floods, the fires, and the train derailments, it feels like we are living quite the apocalyptic year!
Apocalyptic theories aside, summer is here. Let’s take the time to get to know the things that make us feel good inside.
Here’s my happy list. What’s yours?
- my new comfy bed
- Elle Canada
- trying new things
- feeling free and limitless
- roads trips!!
- heart-to-heart conversations
- planning a trip
- patio time with friends or with a good book
- hot weather
- sun tanning in the backyard
- camping by the lake
- the beach
- my travel benefits (Tokyo 2013, here I come!)
- saving for my apartment
- going for a massage
- impromptu night outs with friends
- doing my nails
- music festivals
- a really good movieI could think of a hundred more things that make me happy. Listening to my iPod on my way to work is one of them or enjoying my own company…a couple of hours ago, I was sitting in my yard. I was painting my nails and relaxing to the sound of the wind and watching the beautiful sunset.
Life’s good. There’s beauty in everything.